- I’ve started reading books again and I have audiobooks to thank for it. With audiobooks, I can now play games while listening (grinding doesn’t require mental powers). And if you’re curious what audiobook I listened to since my reading hiatus, it’s Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix narrated by Stephen Fry. And no, I didn’t pick it up because of The Cursed Child. I picked it up because of my book challenge. The book bingo, remember? It’s for my Fantasy square.
- I’ve also started reading paper books again while traveling to work. I’ve decided to stop swiping at every Pokestop that I pass by and read books instead. I just went back to reading Robert Walser’s stories. Most of his stories are shorter than your New Yorker story so they’re perfect for quick commutes. But really, my commutes are long because of heavy traffic. And that means more stories to read!
- I’m on Litsy. Actually, I’ve been on Litsy since I heard about it on a podcast maybe two or three months ago. This app is the lovechild of Goodreads and Instagram so what’s not there to love about it? I may have deactivated my Instagram account but I still love looking at bookish pictures. It was first available to iOS users but now that the app is opening its doors to Androids, it could only mean more fun. Add me up if you’re there and I’ll follow back. My user name is ineverlearn. If you know Lykke Li, you’ll understand why I chose this user name. Also got tired of using angusmiranda at every social media.
- My book moratorium is still on but I’ve loosened up a bit when my friend offered me copies of Lucky Jim and Slouching Towards Bethlehem. I have a feeling that I’m going to lift this up soon since I’ll be free from a major financial obligation and Christmas is just around the bend (yeah, we Filipinos start dreaming of Christmas stuff at the start of September).
- This is not bookish but I’d just like to give a shout out to my most listened bands for the past month: The 1975, Panic! at the Disco, and Twin Pines. My friend and I went to their gig a couple of weeks ago and it was fun. We missed Twin Pines’ set (we were late due to heavy traffic, ugh) but I’m glad to have discovered their songs at SoundCloud.
I want to hear from you! I’ll be scouring my news feed for your posts when I get some load off my work.