First, thanks to everyone for their birthday greetings and wishes through social and telecommunication networks. I am really touched by your gifts and surprises. Why do you do this to me? Yay!
Second, thanks to the participants of this year’s birthday contest and giveaway. Please note that the early part of the recording mentions that there are five participants. However, a new participant went through while I was answering the fifth set of questions. So do the math: 5 + 1 = 6. Yay!
Here is the recording:
I know it’s a long one, so here are the jumps if you are in a hurry:
00:00 – Intro and Participant 1
- Who would you rather have dinner with: Knut Hamsun or Jose Saramago?
- What do you honestly think of fanfic?
- What is your favorite movement in Beethoven’s 9th Symphony?
- Ang uod ba, pag namatay inuuod?
05:35 – Participant 2
- When are you going to finish your novel? Definite date, please.
- If you weren’t gay, describe the kind of girl you would love to be with.
- Describe the best day you’ve had in 2014.
- You’re writing your will. Would you bequeath something to me in it? If yes, what? If not, why?
11:29 – Participant 3
- Are you a virgin?
- Do you know what happens to a toad when it’s hit by lightning?
- Have you ever danced with the devil in the pale moonlight?
- Shall I compare thee to a summer’s day?
13:10 – Participant 4
- What’s the worst book you’ve ever read? Explain why (if you feel like it).
- Do you think it’s necessary for a self-confessed bookworm to have read a decent number of classic novels or is reading classics nothing more than a cruel imposition?
- Your book shelf is on fire. Which book do you save?
- Who is your favorite pop diva and why?
17:52 – Participant 5
- What’s the best thing that could happen in the next 364 days?
- Which book would you unwrite off the face of the literary world?
- What’s going to make you cease smoking? :P
- Kill, Fuck, Marry TFG Edition: Maria, Mae, Monique? (If you don’t want the ladies, maybe you could do the men or do both, ehehe: Aaron, Beejay, JL)
23:38 – Participant 6
- Which bookish place (fictional or not) did you really want to visit after reading a book?
- What is the best compliment you have ever received?
- What do you think Victoria’s secret is?
- What’s the most memorable lesson you’ve ever learned, and who taught it to you?
30:50 – Deliberation and declaration of winner
I apologize for the following: my voice, my incoherence, my grammar and pronunciation slips, and the recording quality. I hope the quality will be acceptable to your ears. Congratulations to the winner!