The Storied Life of A. J. Fikry Joint Discussion Details:
- Date: September 27, 2014
- Place: Uno Morato, Tomas Morato Ave., Quezon City
- Time: 2 PM to 6 PM
- Discussion Leaders: Gege and Tina
- Attendees from TFG: Me, Aaron, Elaine (newbie), Ella, Gwaxa, JL, Kristel, Maria (with Ramsey), Meliza, Tricia, Veronica.
- Attendees from FFP: Arthur, Blooey, Cecille, Fredda, Honey, Maan, Marie (after), Peter, Rhett, Shani, a guy whose name I didn’t get (sorry).
- Food I Ate: Sisig with clover chips (?).
- Activities: Two truths, one lie with a bookish twist. Instead of truths, we wrote down two of our favorite books on colorful pieces of paper. And instead of a lie, we wrote down a book we didn’t like. We put the pieces of paper inside a small box from where we each drew one paper after the other and guessed the person to whom that list belong to. Also, we wrote ten books that were mentioned in the book. The first two (or three?) who finished won a cute pair of bookmarks. Yes, I was one of the winners.
- After the Book Discussion: Dinner at Kanin Club and coffee at Seattle’s Best
- Other Nominated Books: Boy, Snow, Bird by Helen Oyeyemi and The Good Luck of Right Now by Matthew Quick
- Next Month: The Man Who Mistook His Wife for a Hat and Other Clinical Tales by Oliver Sacks. If you wish to join us, please visit the discussion thread for more details.
Photos courtesy of Ella.