What We Talk About When We Talk About Love Face to Face Book Discussion Details:
- Date: February 22, 2014
- Place: Cafe Adriatico, Ermita, Manila
- Time: 2 PM to 6 PM
- Discussion Leader: Monique
- Attendees: Me, Aaron, Aenna, Alexa, Alona, Aries, Beejay, Bennard, Ella, Gay, Gwaxa, Ingrid, JL, Jonathan (newbie), Joy, Louize, Mae, Maria, Marie, Meliza, Rhena, Rollie, Tina, Tricia, Veronica, Ycel
- Food I Ate: Pancit palabok and guyabano juice.
- Post-discussion Activity: Post-Valentine Exchange (I gave my three Valentines, uhm, highlighters when everyone else was giving away notes and undies) and Wear Your Love (I wore my The National concert tee). This discussion is rowdier than usual. The Bell of Power was powerless. We need new stuff, such as the Gong of Domination, the Megaphone of Doom, or the Duct Tape of Silence.
- After the Book Discussion: Discussion of random topics while loitering on the streets, dinner at Gerry’s Grill – Robinson’s Midtown.
- Other Nominated Books: Drown by Junot Díaz, Interpeter of Maladies by Jhumpa Lahiri, and Nocturnes by Kazuo Ishiguro.
- Next Month: The Alienist by Caleb Carr. If you wish to join us, please visit the discussion thread and the event thread for more details.
Photos courtesy of Ella.