Is intrigue. Not book reviews (both from my peers and the professionals). Not the average ratings on Goodreads. Not the price. Not the lists that I’m following.
And not the blurbs, so I am ditching the previous post format for my ex libris posts (because that format eats a lot of time and I am recently always pressed for time).
- The Hunger Angel by Herta Muller – I was intrigued by the title so I put it on my wish list shelf. This was supposed to be a birthday gift from Monique but it got lost for a couple of months. Still, it was given to me. Woohoo! (May 19)
- Naked Lunch by William S. Burroughs – I was intrigued because there’s this guy at a book talk I chanced upon years ago who claimed that this is his favorite book because he could never finish it. He would restart and ditch it, ad infinitum. (Php 300.00, May 19, Avalon.ph)
- This Is Water by David Foster Wallace – I was intrigued because of this video on YouTube. Mae sent the link to me and it gave me a great day. (Php 399.00, May 29, Power Books – Greenbelt 3)
- Dancing After Hours by Andre Dubus – I was intrigued because it is for the memory of Richard Yates, whose novel Revolutionary Road I recently read and raved about. (Php 25.00, May 30, Book Sale – Makati Square)
- A Cool Million and The Dream Life of Balso Snell by Nathanael West – I was intrigued because of the book cover. Yeah, I could be also be like that. (Php 75.00, May 30, Book Sale – Makati Square)
There. Short and sweet. Now I want to read This Is Water. Like now.