My only bookish friend outside our book club is moving back to the province. He has trouble transporting all his books so he asked me to take care some of them for a while. I couldn’t say no because first, I love his books (we have similar tastes) and second, I want to help him out.
I don’t know how long his books will stay with me but he mentioned that he’ll take some of them home a bunch at a time. I placed all of them at the top of my book shelf. You see, I cannot mix them with my books because I am so near to having shelving problems. I guess I would need another book shelf next year unless stacking the books higher will not cause so much trouble. A ladder would be what I’ll need instead then.
And yes, he gave me a couple of books. Here they are:
- The Historian by Elizabeth Kostova – just in time! This our book club’s pick for November. My bookish little buddy Atty. Monique offered to give me her copy, but I decided to take this instead. Don’t you just love friends who give away their books?
- The Immoralist by Andre Gide – my friend hated this so much, but I’m taking it. This is my third Gide book, and yes, I haven’t tried him yet.
- Rabbit at Rest by John Updike – I already have a copy of this, but my friend’s copy is so much neater than mine.
- The Story of General Dann and Mara’s Daughter, Griot and the Snow Dog by Doris Lessing – what a title! This is my also my third Lessing book, and yes, I haven’t tried her yet as well.
Other books that I got over the weekend:
- Balthazar by Lawrence Durrell – This is the second book of the Alexandria Quartet. I have finally completed these white mass market editions! And yes, I bought it last Friday at Book Sale – Walter Mart Munoz for only Php 17.00!
- The Jungle Books by Rudyard Kipling – given to me yesterday by Miss Louize! She saw it on my Goodreads wish list shelf. I better update that shelf soon!
So here’s how the top of my book shelf looks like. It’s a little dark; we have an incandescent light bulb for the living room. I hope you all had a great weekend!