Goodness! I don’t know what’s wrong, and I think I am in trouble: I am stuck in this reading rut! Okay, so I’ve been busy with my life, what with the moving and the accompanying adjustments. But that was a month ago; it no longer counts as an excuse. In fact, we (but it’s more of my housemates than we) are throwing a housewarming of sorts tomorrow (and given the time that I am working on this post, it’s technically later).
So yes, I managed to sidetrack you again. Here’s the list the books that I’ll be reading this month.
- The Bell Jar by Sylvia Plath – I’ll be reading this along with K.D., Atty. Lynai, Mae, and Tricia. I’m excited since this will be my first buddy read with Atty. Lynai and Tricia.
- In Cold Blood by Truman Capote – our book of the month, and I volunteered to co-pilot the online discussion with our leader, Ella.
- Mysteries by Knut Hamsun – my Nobel pick for the month. I hope Hamsun will work his magic and lift me from this mess.
- The Swimming Pool Library by Alan Hollinghurst – this was part of the reading plan last July and August. Maybe I should read this first? I don’t really want to be superstitious, but maybe this book could be the jinx.
- The Thousand Autumns of Jacob de Zoet by David Mitchell - I’ll be reading this along with Bennard, Mae, and Atty. Monique. Time to complete my dearest Mitchell! And it’s also my first time to buddy read with Bennard.
It looks like a very interactive month! In addition to these five, I’ll also be eavesdropping on the great Cloud Atlas buddy read. I say great because of the many participants that signed up for it. And after that, we’ll have an unofficial book discussion, and once the movie is out, we’ll watch together. Heck, I have a feeling that I’ll watch it on the first day with or without a companion.
I hope this reading interactivity will finally bring my reading life back to where it was. And yes, I have a confession to make: I only managed to finish 3 out of the 6 books for last month. I’ll try to finish Stoner tonight and read chunks of The Tin Drum while working on the September books. I might make it seem that these readings are tasks, but believe me when I say that I’m loving it.